Thursday, February 5, 2009

lost+found

Clearly I'm an awful blogger. I was gonna say that it's because I haven't been doing anything, but really, I didn't do anything in Vietnam either, and i managed to blog about it then. So really, I have no excuse.

Since returning to Melbourne, I have:
- Worked alot. Over the last 2 days though, 'working' meant cutting out alot of love hearts.Which shamefully, I love/hate. I'm guessing I've cut out about 400. For reals. I was also (jokingly, I think) offered a job in Darwin. My marketable skills include typing fast, dressing nice and extreme heart cutting skillz. These clearly mean I am going to be a super dooper fantastic pharmacist, you know, one day.

- Eaten ice cream for breakfast. It was peach/yoghurt with strawberry stuff. Obvs because it was yoghurty/fruity I was able to pretend it was also nutritous. I mean, like... people eat yoghurt and fruit for breakfast right? Mine was just frozen. In my defence it was the day after I got back and the only things we had in the fridge was a 6-pack & a bottle of coke. I had to go OUT to get the ice cream. Later that day I had dodge tattersall's lane dumplings & beer. Amazing. See?

- I also did alot of boring errandy things. These include: the things I should've done when my wallet was actually stolen, searching for the right highlighters (bic briteliners are shit btw, don't do it) & making trips into the city to buy my sister text books/visit uni for 2.5 seconds because they need to physically see the ORIGINALS to believe I'm not a criminal.

- Not yet unpacked. Its really freaking difficult to unpack when your things are spread across 8 suitcases. I thought I had most of it. But I'm missing about 4 tshirts and a skirt. That um, I can think of. There's probably more. But these things are new, so ... also i apparently left some clothing behind in Vietnam. Not by accident, but because we couldn't fit it in. Not even with the rolling. Come to think of it, those things are probably squished under a speaker. Yeah, still.

- Celebrated Chinese Lunar New Year. Well not really. I worked that day. I totally jumped when I was offered that shift, not because it was Lunar New Year but because it was Australia Day, and hello double pay! I actually had no idea the 2 were on the same day this year. My mum was none too pleased. I mention this yearly, but whatever you do that day reflects on the rest of your year apparently. I don't know what the problem was though... I'm okay with double pay for the rest of the year.

- Melted. 44 degrees for several consecutive days. Enough said.

- Knitted a beret/thing. Clearly something about 44 degree weather shouts "knit something warm and wintery!" Seriously, what is wrong with me? Although, today I saw a similarly handknit thing selling for $50, so um, does anyone wanna buy it?

- Played guitar hero.

Today I:
- sms'ed step-by-step instructions on how to draw an atom. This could mean that my sister's chem teacher is fooled into thinking she actually understands chemistry.

- discovered that there's another waffle on. HOW did I not know this? I wish waffle on still lived up to the expectations I have in my mind. As in, exactly as amazing as they were in high school and as cheap as they were then too.

- went to the lost & found market and bought an adorable vintage apron. Now all I wanna do is bake rainbows, cookies, sunshine, cupcakes with sprinkles, apple tarts, and hand make puff pastry. Any volunteers for dish duty?

- right now i'm trying to figure out how to get to the zoo by public transport, this involves the same tram stop that takes me to uni. Twice in 2 days? I was probably there less when I had actual classes. Incase you were wondering:
1Continue alongContinue along Royal Pde 10 mabout 1 min
2Turn leftTurn left at Walker St 220 mabout 4 min
3Turn slight leftTurn slight left atUnnamed Road300 mabout 5 min
4Turn rightTurn right at Elliott Ave 60 mabout 1 min
5

Unnamed Road10 mabout 1 min
Thanks metlink! unnamed roads? Sure, no problem.

Tomorrow:
- I need to go get to the bank and reset my pin. Because, uh. I don't know it. Problem much?

- Buy picnic-y things & take my sister to the zoo to see some giraffes with super long eyelashes, baby elephants & try to leave her with the monkeys. Then we're gonna feast & watch kmh/the verses. Its gonna be amazing. We won't get lost. Maybe I can get a pet puma? Yeah?

I'm. Really. Hungry.

2 comments:

_V said...

so whyy are you cutting hearts as a pharmacist. i am really intrigued!

where's the lost and found market, i've heard of it but never looked for it.

and the ZOO! ooo sounds fun. we went on an excursion there in 1st year dentistry to learn about how animal teeth worked. i liked the cheetahs! or where they tigers?

marlene. said...

haha, vday (sale). that's retail pharmacy for you (but i secretly kinda love it).

the lost and found market is on smith st. you go to um, parliament station? nd then catch the bundoora tram from nicholson st (i don't remember what number it is). i think you get off at stop 16 (corner gertrude & smith), turn right to walk down smith and its like a block down. i loved it. its all like trash and treasure but better. i didn't even get a chance to look upstairs cos we were running late.

the tigers were hiding :(