Friday, February 22, 2008

i leave it up to you

I've read a few blogs where people are uncomfortable with their friends reading their blogs. I posted a link on facebook too my blog earlier this week.
Freaked out about it.
Wrote a nonsensical post about it.
Deleted the link,
and then the post.

I've thought about it a bit more now.
I'm not that worried about close friends reading my blog. In fact, all my friends are welcome to it. (hi guys! read read read, i like knowing people care). I understand how it can be weird though. Both for the reader and the blogger. Knowing that your friends have written something, but not really being able to process it/approach them about it is a little difficult. Blogging is another world. What you write doesn't always translate into 'real life'. And then sometimes there are things you don't really want anyone to read, but i've got a diary for that. One that hasn't been used in about 8 months. There hasn't really been much to say, at all this past year or so. Well there probably has, but i haven't known how. I've slowly forgotten the art of blogging. ha.

The only time I would really rather my friends didn't read this, was if i was to bitch about them. But that doesnt happen. I LOVE YOU ALL.

Like most, it's strange, but I'm pretty comfortable with strangers reading. As long as you're far removed enough to actually qualify as a stranger. I'm only creeped out by, like distant acquaintances knowing what i'm doing. That makes me uncomfortable.

It's like this thing I have where I worry that sometimes I pay too much attention, like you meet someone briefly, and, i know this sounds kinda erratic, but you remember their name, and you kinda worry that they won't remember yours. It's like you know too much. Okay, maybe not just their name, maybe something about them. And it's just kinda odd.

Having people know so much about you that you didn't explicitly tell them. I guess is what I'm trying to say. This is why stalkbook facebook creeps me out a bit, even if i DO spend all my time there, it's good for procrastination okay?

I don't really know what I'm getting at. It all made sense in my head.

Laneway festival this weekend. I'm massively excited.
So like, maybe i'll just post some singstar photos later, cos i'm cool. and like photos. And then it can be like tadaaa! the end.

5 comments:

Soumya said...

I was totally going to leave you this HUGE comment yesterday, but then I clicked on another option in "Choose your identity" and it disappeared, and I was like ^&%#&&^%&%^&%^& but I have come back now :)

So, I wanted to say that you took the words right out of my mouth - or rather, the sentiment, because I ain't too good with words. I was like YES I totally know what you're talking about with that whole thing about knowing about people way more than they know about you. Acquaintances are such a tricky area. Sigh Sigh Sigh.
xox

Anonymous said...

HELLO, I LOVE YOUUU, and ahaha yes we spoke about the freakiness of facebook today. it's hilarious how conjoined our minds are sometimes!

today was awesome, btw. :) love youuu.

from your tiny, TINY, tiny veeemeeee.

Anonymous said...

by the way -- i figured i'd comment like this. this way, you'd know it was me for sure. :)

and y'know. not someone PRETENDING to be me.

xx

marlene. said...

soumya: I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR COMMENT, i feel as if i am personally responsible, hence the apology.

also, yeah, usually i am too annoyed to retype everything again. esp cos i feel like i'm repeating myself, even if tihe other person has no idea what i did/didn't say the first time. but I know in my heart!

um, my words make like, no sense. because i knew what i um, MEANT to like, try and express. but i just went back and reread this entry and i'm like, you understand me?! my words make no sense!? there's like so much more to be said, and BETTER. and it's not here.

i love you see you tomorrow. xx

my dearest half of marlmy awesomeness : how do i know you are not pretend? were you pretend today? you seemed pretty real and awesome. awesomely amazing that is. i tend to rant alot. i also make no sense. i want frozen yoghurt from the ice cream place that sells not ice cream.

_V said...

Hello my dear Mars!

I hope i'm not that freaky acquaintance that knows about your life although somewhat removed from your life. But i feel bloggers reading other blogger's blogs is a fair exchange. Coz you can stalk, i mean read me back! I dunno, there's just this understand between blogging friends that other ppl just don't get.

Hope life is treating you swell. And if not, hope you're finding good coping/venting mechanisms. I miss hearing your vents =P

Shhhhhh...it. I think we graduate next year.