Thursday, February 28, 2008

I heard a funny thing today, that i'm addicted to cocaine

My parents seem to be totally convinced that if I drink a whole cruiser, I will get drunk, fall over a lot, pass out, and possibly get alcohol poisoning and need to get my stomach pumped.

I started this post like 3 days ago. And i have no idea where I was going with it. I have to go to work in 24 minutes. And I really, really need/want a coffee. But I'm trying desperately to save money until the end of next month, (update: I BOUGHT A DRESS TODAY! my self control is amazing.) which makes me COMPLETELY BORING. And constantly hungry, but that's a given anyway.


It's weird being back at uni. I love/hate it alot.

I had a minor freak out on Tuesday morning when I got on the tram. I was like, do I even know where I'm going anymore? Is this the right tram? Has the route changed? Do I remember the stop?


But uni's got this strange familiarity about it. A slight security, and a weirdo twisted sense of freedom.


Most seem to be unhappy to be back. The holidays weren't long enough they say, It went so quickly, I can't believe we're back already. Maybe it's because I don't really feel like I had much of a holiday. Working crazy hours in a job I hated, to help my parents out. I was glad to go back. Happy to get away from sitting at a desk, being yelled at by people who refused to leave messages, happy not to have the 60 hour working weeks that drained my life.


It's strange. I don't really feel like I have a right to complain (but I do anyway). How were your holidays? they ask. Meh, Okay I say. I worked for my parents, I hated it. Did I get paid? I did. It wasn't much, but it was something. And it's not as if I did a whole lot anyway. I was probably in the way more than anything. I felt like, they didn't really need me there. My friends said it was a conspiracy, their careful scheme, obviously a plan that meant I couldn't really go out, drink a whole cruiser, and fall over. HA! But they told me they needed me. And that was enough. I owe it to them. I felt mostly that they needed me more to babysit the office. So it could stay open, people could walk in and out, pay their rent. And my parents could go do their thing. (We're in real estate btw.) It was frustrating, it drove me insane. But I did it, and I'm glad I don't have to anymore.

Uni however is tiring. Sitting on your arse gets old fast. I've been to all my classes so far. And I'm preetttty proud. That's not to say I've STAYED in all my classes, but whatever. I didn't have any chocolate.

Winning uni moments: Pharmacology lecturer, demonstrating how to snort cocaine/Lecturer saying "I'm not here to teach you about microbiology" - during microbiology (REASSURING)/Lecturer telling us we're wasting our time listening to him talk rubbish, time is money. We could be earning some (oh hey, thanks for reminding me.)/New fish slash starfish yet to be named. This one's for you Gemma:


Uni's crazy. It's frustrating. It annoys me. It's fake cold/hot. It's more like high school than anything. But it's constant. It's something to go back to. It kinda gives me purpose.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, WHY HELLO, ITS A LLAMA* NAMED PECCADILLO (disclaimer: May or may not be it's name. it started with P, i dont remember the rest). Oh hello Peccadillo, what were you doing in the middle of the mall?


* Is actually an Alpaca, not a Llama.

In other news:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUR PHOTOS!! A LLAMA (ALPACA)!!

plus i just read the entry about your crazy shoe dreams.

whacked out! but my dreams are always crazy, too. and yes, sometimes a hybrid of people i know!