Wednesday, October 29, 2008

in my head i replay our conversations, over and over until they feel like halucinations

So likeeee, this whole placement thing. Its a learning experience y'know? They stick you somewhere (in my case the middle of nowhere! actually not really, it was pretty big, they had TWO coles'), in a position much like a 'job', foreign concept, no? And then; they don't pay you! At all! Not even in cookies! because you're learning! and knowledge is wealth! knowledge is better than wealth, and you'll be so full of it you'll almost burst/spontaneously combust! just wait till you try to buy a coffee with knowledge. and omg you better be fucking grateful! we give you (the lucky winner!) the opportunity to see what its like to work 43 hour weeks for no money! I have this theory, they're just setting us up, so that when we get jobs that actually pay, even if they're shit we'll all be like at least we get paid, unlike placement. So this, this is what i learnt. i'm gonna print it out, paint it green and try to buy a coffee and some lunch with it tomorrow.

Things I Learnt From Placement That I Sort of Already Knew.

I'm boring. And stuff.
My parents are pretty strict. I'm not allowed to sleep over. I can't stay out late. I can't catch public transport/taxi home by myself, esp when dark. I'm probs not supposed to date (unless he's like a doctor/lawyer/perfect boring kid), drink or any of that other stuff either. And so its totally expected that i go crazy without the parental supervision right? Nah uh, i think i'll just bake instead thanks. Make pastry from scratch? Sure! Heard of a supermarket, where you can buy these things pre-made? Clearly not. Annddd then i'll, pretend to study for 25 seconds just do some knitting/cross-stitch in front of the tv instead. I wish i was joking. This is really ruining my street cred.


WiniFred >>> LOTS


I am a caffeine addict.
There, I said it. I used to be all, totes not. I just like coffee. And I'd be all, adamant that I only drink coffee if its good, completely pointless otherwise right?! Plus coffee = marlene+horoscope time . I justify the statement that i'm not totally (only partially?) addicted by saying I only drink coffee on the weekdays. I don't on the weekends/holidays (ie. when i don't leave the house). What I didn't realise is that, at these times i DO NOT make use of my brain, and usually am not really required to function (library on the weekend = coffee; playing receptionist = no coffee). Whilst in countrytown, i discovered that holy shit, the coffee is horrible. Can someone say burnt dirty coffee water? Not only that, it was more expensive than in melbourne, go figure. And i kept trying, but it just wasn't working with me. It was crap everywhere i went. So then I drank instant. Only when i strugggling, still i'm not proud to admit it.


The world won't end if i don't read my horoscope.
Firstly, today's horoscope = hilarious, observe, "...You are trying to do something difficult. To achieve this requires ingenuity and intuition. You've got that. Now you just need to add the basic ingredients of sustained sanity. These comprise, as I am sure you know, of a healthy diet, good water to drink, space alone in which to think, and a decent night's sleep. Get those and the rest will prove no problem. " Ahhh, Johnathan Cainer, I'll always hate you.
So this one's pretty self explainatory, but i saved a few minutes every day (so I couldn't knit?).
On the otherhand, I was pretty bored, and felt a tiny bit empty on the inside.


I survived!
Obvs. And then i baked everyone cookies as thank yous. They were crazy/insane/really pretty. I should've taken photos.


Can't say i don't win at procrastination though. happy halloween?

6 comments:

Butch Boo said...

Lovely pics!

BB

X

marlene. said...

thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

GO STUDY! I MEAN WAJFGAKFLAF sigh. i dont want to do pp PP IS NOOB

marlene. said...

tho:
omg, go to sleep.

_V said...

hey there pretty people,
nice artsy pics of coastal towns.
but what i love most about this post is how i feel like i can HEAR you complaining about the education is worth more than payy blah blahh. I'm working freaking hard for Dental Health Services Victoria too. I go back to uni in the first week of december without pay.

You make complaining funny and enjoyable and bitter witty. I want your skill! I just sound like i whine.

muah, study on.

marlene. said...

_v:
i think you whine poetic-a-lly.
i'm FINISHED and i'm so happy.
meet ya on the other side x