Tuesday, December 16, 2008

day whatevs til now. o7 - 14?

Its raining here now. The weather's weird, and so, everyone is sick. I was miserable and whine-y for a day or so, but I'm starting to feel okay now. I hope. I tell myself I'm not sick at all. Because of this we haven't really been anywhere/done anything. Today I went to the supermarket, seriously, that was probably the highlight.

My dad gets here tonight, so I suppose that means we've gotta go visit his family. Which, just between me and you, I'm dreading a little bit.

Everyone is siesta-ing. Its highly annoying since things close, but I subscribe to it erratically, since I have nothing else to do. Its weird though - I feel as if this constant eat/sleep/eat thing they've got going on would make you fat. But everyone here is teeny tiny. I often get told when asking for a larger size that whatever it is - is a one-size-fits-all. But apparently not me. The only thing I've supposedly got going for me is that i'm white/pale, which the pushy shop assistants claim looks good with whatever colour I'm trying on. They're very anti-tan here, they have whitening creams! Oh and I'm 'tall'. Whatevs.

Speaking of the buying, I went that market I fainted at last time, and bought some $8 work shoes that will probably fall apart in 1-3 months, 6 dresses for well under $100 and a $2.50 bra. I have to go pick up one of the dresses today because as previously mentioned I don't fit into anything here, and had to get a zip put in, but they alter shit for free, so hurrah! Oh, and I caved and bought mascara (i forgot to bring one, even though i have about 75) at the supermarket today. How annoyingly girly.

Also, I'm still being molestered by mosquitos, still. I've gotten 3 mosquito bites writing this post. Insect repellant doesn't seem to work. Or maybe it does work - I'm too scared not to use it, just in case. Can I get malaria here? I probably should've looked into that. Should I still be afraid of bird flu? I don't know. I just won't hug any chickens, yeah?

3 comments:

haivee said...

lol yeh odd how white skin apparently to them means things look better on you. have you SEEN those people riding motorbikes outside in the 30+ heat in long pants, jackets/gloves, and hats to protect themselves from the sun? its insane!
there i am trying to get a tan on my pasty winter skin and people keep asking me if im sure i dont want a jacket to wear lol.

haivee said...

OH and i love how they adjust stuff for you for FREE =)

marlene. said...

they're crazy! all of them. i have no idea how they can stand it. although, i'm not sure i feel about it. like, i don't really wanna get too much of a tan. but i'm not gonna cover up. i just hope my foundation still matches when i get back so i don't have to buy another one :p FREE stuff is amazing. that's why i hate department store shopping. no bargaining and they rarely fix stuff for you.